Tausi Assurance is a growing company making great strides in the Insurance Industry dealing in General Insurance. We have been around for well over 20 years and are proud of our unquestionable legacy of excellence in serving our clients.
In quest of strengthening our compliance function, we are currently looking to recruit a suitable, qualified, and experienced individual to join our team as an Actuarial Officer. The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for all actuarial services of the company.
- Actuarial Reserving - calculate the technical liabilities using appropriate actuarial methodologies.
- Capital Management - Perform quarterly risk based capital calculations and provide capital adequacy statements.
- IFRS 17 Preparedness and transition – be part of the IFRS 17 project team to implement the IFRS 17 and ensure compliance.
- Reporting and Compliance – ensure compliance with statutory and management reporting requirements of the actuarial function.
- Conduct relevant stress tests and scenario analysis on the financials.
- Product development – provide actuarial input in product development process i.e. pricing of new products and respective business plan projections.
- Prepare industry analysis and peer review to provide market intelligence
- Reinsurance support – Assist the reinsurance department in assessment of reinsurance programs during renewals.
- Periodical determination and evaluation of premium rates using experience rating methodology.
- Responsible for investigation of data with regards to pricing, profitability, experience analysis or as may be directed, towards informing business decisions.
- Offer assistance in strategy development and review, and planning financial projections.
- Offer general actuarial support to the different functions within the company such as underwriting, reinsurance, risk, finance, and board committees
- Participate in special projects as would be directed by management
- Liaise with the external appointed actuary during annual valuation.
- Prepare required actuarial and other analyses for management reporting and make recommendations to support these analyses
- Translate actuarial concepts into easily understandable language for use internally and externally for our clients
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Science, Actuarial Science degree from a recognized university
- Must have passed at least 5 professional Actuarial papers from the Institute of Actuaries, UK or society of Actuaries, USA
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, preferably in the Insurance Industry
- Proficient in MS Office applications and actuarial related systems software
- Excellent numeracy
- Problem solving ability
- Research and analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- High standards of professionalism and ethics
How To Apply
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names of and addresses of three referees should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us on or before 2nd May 2022.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BUSINESS DEVELOPENT OFFICER - KISUMU OFFICE
To generate revenue for the Company, to achieve business targets through the development of assigned markets and channels as a source of profitable business for the company through development of strong relationships and partnerships. This position will be based in our Kisumu office.
- Revenue and profit generation, including new business development for the company.
- Identify and develop a target pipeline and aggressively market for new profitable status customers from the identified target sectors.
- Plan, prepare and present persuasive approaches and pitches to potential corporate clients
- Gather information from corporate clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile, reviewing and/or amending existing policies.
- Grow and retain existing corporate accounts by presenting new solutions and services to them
- Research insurance companies’ policies and negotiate with insurers to find the most suitable products for corporate and retail clients’ best prices.
- Advise clients on risk management and help them devise new ways to mitigate risks
- Use an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business for the company
- Attend industry events to increase brand awareness and acquire new contacts
- Prepare status reports on client meetings and sales strategy
- Analyse and profile client accounts based on performance, value and potential and generate periodic reports.
- Determine the crucial needs of key clients and ensure that they receive first-class customer care and service.
- Develop a strategy for managing key accounts and ensure its implementation.
- Conduct regular customer satisfaction surveys and make necessary improvements for key accounts.
- Develop pricing structures for key clients and take ownership of the credit ownership of the credit portfolio for the same.
- Resolve disputes and maintain client relationships to promote client retention.
- Analyse and adapt new marketing strategies to react to changing business trends.
- Conduct client visits based on target prospects
- Assist in development of new products in line with new trends and review demand in the market in order to maintain market relevance and remain competitive
- Conduct market business intelligence and knowledge of changes in the insurance industry
- Assist in preparation of reports as required by management.
- MUST have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Actuarial Science.
- MUST have completed a Professional insurance qualifications (ACII, CII, AIIK)
- MUST have at least 3-5 years’ experience in Corporate/ Retail Sales in the insurance industry
- Have a consistent track record in achieving sales targets
Skills & attributes
- Have technical competence in Insurance
- Have integrity and high sense of ethical responsibility
- Market intelligence and business development skills
- Business strategy formulation & execution
- Possess basic communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft office suite
- Self – motivated, Confident and outgoing personality
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names of and addresses of three referees should be sent by email to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 12th May, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.