HEAD OF HR FUNCTION
Tausi Assurance is a growing company making great strides in the Insurance Industry dealing in General Insurance. We have been around for well over 30 years and are proud of our unquestionable legacy of excellence in serving our clients.
In quest of strengthening our HR & Administration function, we are currently looking to recruit a suitable, qualified, and experienced individual to join our team as the Head of Human Resources. The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for overseeing the smooth operations of the HR department and offer guidance and leadership to the HR & Admin team
- Coordinate recruitment and selection activities
- Conduct induction and on boarding programs for new members of staff
- Develop a robust performance management system
- Offer suggestions and support to the AGM in enhancing staff retention with measures that are in line with the Company’s Strategic Plan.
- Manage employee training and learning development programs to enhance career development
- Assist in developing, reviewing and implementing appropriate Human capital policies & procedures;
- Manage the HRMS, producing regular HR reports and maintaining updated HR information Systems
- Oversee the maintenance of personnel files
- Preparing and administering the Corporation’s payroll
- Administer employee benefit programs (medical, gratuity, insurances, pension and group life).
- Manage and ensure staff leave is always utilized and updated
- Ensure compliance and adherence to company policies, procedures, systems and statutory requirements
- Manage staff welfare programs
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Coordinate CSR initiatives within the Company
- Advise management on HR best practices
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your immediate supervisor
- High confidentiality levels
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Mentorship skills
- High integrity/ethics
- Leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management.
- Higher Diploma in HR.
- Master’s degree in HR or other relevant field will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in the HR field
- Knowledge of the labour/employment law and its practical application
- Must be a member of IHRM and holding a valid practicing certificate
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names of and addresses of three referees should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us on or before 12th May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- RI Inward underwriting – Issuing guarantee policies
- Maintaining and updating daily RI reports
- PML coordination with UW
- Monitoring Earthquake Accumulations
- Maintaining linked policies register
- FAC Reinsurance – Outward/Inward
- Maintaining Outward expiry Register – renewal notices and invitations
- Maintaining treaty ledgers/statements and reconciliations
- Outward FAC Re renewal notices and invitations
- Cash call requisitions/follow up
- Xsol Claims recoveries/statement premiums
- Forwarding FAC Re closings to Reinsurers
- Identifying any reconciliation item on treaty and facultative statements between Tausi and Reinsurers.
- Treaty and Facultative Reinsurance balance settlements Requisitions.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor or management
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess good report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Bachelors’ degree in a business related field
- Diploma ACII/AIIK will be an added advantage
- At least two years working experience in the insurance industry
- Computer literate
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names of and addresses of three referees should be sent by email to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 19th May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.